In 1974, Gallup began asking Americans whether they approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job. In its 39 years of asking this question, 2014 began with the lowest average Congressional approval rating on record: only 14% of Americans in 2013 approved the performance of the United States Congress.
To recognize this strained moment in United States representational politics, The National Rose Garden presents The Congressional Disapproval Rose Commemorative Plate.
Hand-crafted in an edition of 535 sets, for each plate purchased another will be sent to a representative of your choosing.
- Order your commemorative plate here
- After your purchase, you will be sent an email with a redemption code (also included in the insert with the package you will receive).
- Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your redemption code, edition number and a ranked list of three possible representatives.(Remember, the goal is to have one plate sent to each member of Congress, so some choices may be taken).
- Once we’ve selected your representative, you will have the option to include a personal message, attach your contact information if you’d like…and then we send it for you!
View your state and see which representatives have received a commemorative plate
Congressional Plate Distribution
- Edition of 535 sets, 2 plates each
- Hand-crafted porcelain with 22k gold details
- Food safe
- Produced in Dayton, Virginia
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do I have to spend $75 to participate?
Great question! We realize this is a considerable amount of money. If you’d like to participate at a lower price point, note cards are available in our gift shop – one set of 3 for $9.99. While we are happy to have as much involvement as possible, you don’t need to buy something to speak directly to your representative. You can find your representative’s contact information at www.senate.gov or www.house.gov. We encourage you to get involved and communicate!
Can I send a plate to someone who has already received one?
We are attempting to acknowledge the shared landscape and shared responsibility that exists in our representative bodies. For that reason our goal is to place one plate with each member of the 113th Congress. We ask that you choose a representative who has not been sent a plate.
When will I receive my plate?
Plates are in stock and are sent within 3 days of your order. Shipping may take 3-5 days. For any tracking details feel free to contact us with your order!